Date: 3 day lecture half a day Examination
Class One 3-6 Dec and Class Two 9-12 Dec 2019
Recognised by both the British and Hong Kong governments and taught by one of the external verifiers of this course in the UK, this advanced level course provides training for competent arborists in tree risk assessment and inspection. Candidates are required to inspect trees and will be trained in specifying the necessary remedial works and recording the inspection findings. LANTRA AWARDS Certificates will be issued to those who have passed the assessment.
The maximum number of candidates for each course is 15.
Duration: 3 hours
1. A written test of 20 short-answer questions covering aspects of tree inspection and tree inspector responsibilities. 40% of the overall mark.
2. Fungi identification test. 20% of the overall mark.
3. Two tree inspections. 40% of the overall mark.
Candidates are required to gain 70% overall as a pass mark and must score 70% for each of the two trees inspected and not miss an obvious defect.
This is a popular and highly intensive course. It is a level 3/5 course in the UK. The trainees should be experienced and qualified arboriculturists. They should also have in-depth knowledge of plant and arboricultural science. The vast majority of the content is applicable to the arboricultural field worldwide. The legal aspects and fungi section will be adapted to remain applicable in Hong Kong.
Lecturer: Guy Watson
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fellow of the Arboricultural Association
- Member of the Chartered Forester of the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Lantra External Verifier for Tree Inspection Course
- Co-author of AA publication “Fungi on Trees: An Arborist’s Field Guide” in 2011
- AA Corporate Instructor for Lantra Risk Assessment for Commercial Arboriculture Course
- Responsible for the administration of awards and assessment of the Society for the Environment Chartered Environmentalist scheme through the AA.
For more details, please send an email to [email protected]