Dates: 16 and 23 Oct 2021
Objective: This course provides two-day training with assessment on occupational safety and health relating to tree work operation covering hazard identification, risk assessment, supervision, chainsaw operation and safe use of aerial platform for tree cutting. More than half of the training time concentrates on practical training.
After completing the course, the trainees will be able to
- Learn the Potential hazards associate with operation of chain saw;
- Apply safety standards and understand the regulations for tree care operations based on proven international practices;
- Use safety equipment with safe techniques, carry out tree management work; and implement emergency responses procedures;
- Learn communication skills with its team member including escape route;
- Set up safety zone and its prevention of accident;
- Operate Chainsaw and learn the maintenance of chainsaw;
- Establish the practice and culture of occupational health and safety measures in tree work; and
- Learn the basic skills in first aid
Day One (a.m.) Basic OSH relating to Arboriculture
Road Closure Application and Procedure
Aerial platform and pruning
Introduction of aerial platform and work plan
Day One (p.m.) Aerial platform and pruning (practical
Using handsaw and pole pruner for tree pruning
Rigging technique for tree pruning with
chainsaw ( Demonstration only)
Climbing Equipment and Chipper safety
Day Two (a.m.) Tree Climbing system, PPE and site inspection
with Demonstration and practice Emergency
planning and preparation
Day Two (p.m.) Chainsaw inspection, operation and maintenance
Assessment- Two parts
Aerial Rescue & Summary
Format of Delivery: The course content is delivered in a highly interactive and practical format.
The trainees are provided with practical training in a mock-up real work environment in an outdoor environment.
Requirements: Participants are recommended to bring their own PPE.
OSH theories and practical of operation of chainsaw [(a) 20 multiple choice questions and (b) Fault Diagnosis Skill Test]
For more information, please send an email to [email protected]