Date : 15 and 20 April 2020 ( Deferred due to the pandemic of coronavirus)
Objective: This course provides two-day training with assessment on occupational safety and health relating to tree work operation covering hazard identification, risk assessment,. supervision, chainsaw operation and safe use of aerial platform for tree cutting.
After completing the course, the trainees will be able to
- Learn the Potential hazards associate with operation of chain saw;
- Apply safety standards and understand the regulations for tree care operations based on proven international practices;
- Use safety equipment with safe techniques, carry out tree management work;
and implement emergency responses procedures;Learn communication skills with its team member including
4 .Set up safety zone and its prevention of accident ;
5. Operate Chainsaw and learn the maintenance of chainsaw;
- Establish the practice and culture of occupational health and safety measures in tree work; and
- Learn the basic skills in first aid
- Introduction on basic risk assessment for arboricultural operations;
- Tree and site inspection;
- Group practice and assessment;
- Personal protective equipment for arboricultural operations & Selection;
- Identification of Risks and Hazards on site;
- Briefing on site preparation for tree work;
- Emergency Handling Procedure;
- Chainsaw operation at right time and right place;
- Application for Road Closure Procedure;
- Chain-saw safety operation and inspection;
- Chain-saw tree log cutting;
- Safety Operation and Inspection of Aerial Platform;
- Safety Inspection of Climbing Equipment;
- Safety Operation on tree with Rope Access;
- Basic Emergency Response for Arboricultural Operations;
Written examination ( Part I) for each candidate including OSH theories and practical of operation of chain saw (10 questions in MC format)
Chainsaw operation ( practical test) ( Part II)
Candidates have a choice to take both the written examination and practical test or just the written examination.
Candidates are required to gain 70% overall as a pass mark on the multiple choice written examination.
Certificates of competence will be issued to those candidates who successfully complete the course and examination.
Part I examination and/or Part II practical test will be marked on the Certificate of competence.
For more information , please send an email to [email protected]