Date of Course 25 August 2017
This one-day course is designed to provide valuable training to engineers who are managing railways project. The course is also suitable for personnel working in a railway project wanting to know the fundamental principles in order to enhance their knowledge in railway engineering. Junior engineers and experienced management personnel will benefit.
1. Railway Alignment Planning and Factors (Gradient of a railway alignment, Structural Case, Telemetric Envelope etc)
2. Basic Design Principles of an alignment for Train Operation
3. Key engineering systems for operating a modern railway network (Traction Power, Types of Rolling Stocks, Types of Pway Track Bed, Introduction to Signaling system, Safety Distance, System Integration, Communication and Control)
4. Railway System Safety and Control
Ir Chang Che Son
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science (Engineering)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Chartered Engineer (CEng)
• Registered Professional Engineers (CAI, Information, Electronics)
• Fellow of Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET)
• Fellow of Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (FHKIE)
• Member of the Institute of Railway Signal Engineers (M.I.R.S.E.)
Professional Education Services
• Member of the Advisory Committee on Mechanical & Automation Engineering of Chinese
University of HK
• Industrial Advisor to Master of Science in Advanced Technology and Management Programme,
Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
• Part Time Lecturer on Railway Engineering Module for an MSc Course in the Chinese University
of Hong Kong
• External Examiner on Professional Certificate/Certificate on Railway Engineering in Vocational
Key Industry Experience
Ir Chang CS is a professional railway system engineer with 30 years of international project experience. CS possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience in the design, installation, testing and commissioning of multi-disciplinary and sophisticated railway systems as well as in the project management of mega size railway projects. Moreover, CS is instrumental in conducting critical reviews on train operation of mass transit railway and light rail with an aim to assess the ergonomic design and technical robustness for both new and existing railways. CS’s career in railway engineering has been diversified, leading to involvement in different areas of railway systems engineering and project development.
CS has abundant experience in the control system applications for railway operation and he has extensive experience in managing SCADA based control / management system works ranging from building management system (BMS) in stations, depots and control rooms to operational critical control on signalling, traction power and tunnel ventilation. He has proven experience in contract / project management covering the whole project lifecycle from tender formulation and evaluation, contractor management, testing & commissioning and system handover. His systematic approach on system interface management is one of the key attributes to the success of the implementation of such systems in the recent projects in Hong Kong and overseas.
CS has written and presented over 30 papers in various international conferences on system engineering, system interface management and system integration on SCADA system applications for railway and he was the Past Chairman of the Control, Automation and Instrumentation Division of Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and Past Chairman of the Institution of Electrical Engineers Hong Kong Branch.
Organizer LNS Ltd
Date 25 August 2017
Time 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ( 6 CPD hours )
Venue Best Western Plus Hotel Hong Kong.
308 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong
Working Language Cantonese with English presentation materials
Early Bird Deadline 4 August 2017
Application Deadline 18 August 2017
Enquiry Tel: 2376 4964
Email: [email protected]