Date of Course
27th June 2017 ( 2:00-5:00 p.m.)
This training course will cover electrolysis process, types of on-site chlorine generators, risk of chlorine and hydrogen etc.; design and operations will include the safety and environmental aspects to ensure a reliable and safe production of chlorine gas on-site. The various safeguards in the process will be presented and discussed. This meeting will also cover the new technologies in chlorine generation and examine hydrogen capture for electricity generation.
- Properties and risk of chlorine, hydrogen and its related chemicals such as sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite
- Lessons from Past Experience
- Brief Introduction of Electrolysis
- Low Pressure & Medium Pressure Electrolysis
- Weakness & Advantage of the LP & MP Electrolysis
- Process of an On-site Chlorine Generation
- Safe Disposal of Chlorine & Hydrogen
- Safe & Reliable Operations of a Chlorine Generator
- Risk Assessment, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), Audit
- Engineering Management of Change (EMOC)
- Permit To Work (PTW), Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM)
- Training & Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Potential use of Hydrogen
- Questions & Sharing
Who Should Attend?
Water and waste water Engineers, Operations personnel and managers as well as Maintenance engineers and personnel, consultants, advisors, persons involved in management, engineering, operations and safety of process operations as well as persons with HAZID study experience.
Ir Lam Pui Kay
Mr. Lam Pui Kay is a seasoned Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over 30 years’ experience in the gas and engineering industry. He has acquired all-around skills in the design, production, operations and maintenance of gases production plants or complete handling of industrial gases including oxygen, hydrogen and chlorine. He has over 10 years’ hand-on experience in on-site systems for gases production and operations. Fourteen years before his retirement, he became the Regional Director responsible for Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, Security and Compliance of one of the leading gases and engineering companies in the world with business covering more than 100 countries worldwide.
He has worked on industrial gas production plants producing or handling of oxygen, chlorine and hydrogen and worked closely with some manufacturers of Hydrogen Electrolysis by giving very constructive advice to ensure safe and reliable production in the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan & South Korea. Applying his expertise in operation, he has investigated several third party major incidents involving oxygen, hydrogen and acetylene.
He is a highly sought after speaker on Operations, techniques of Behavioral Safety and Production Safety of the gases production industry invited by Safety Bureau, Transport Bureau, Sinopec, Bank of China and Shun Fung Express. His motto is “Sufficient & Essential”.
Candidates should have a basic understanding of risk .
Attendance Certificate 3 CPD hours
For more information, please send an email to [email protected]